Explore AR bug on IOS (maybe)

Home Forums Motive Q & A Explore AR bug on IOS (maybe)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mariano-1528
    Participant

I downloaded Explore AR from AppleStore.
    Started a new project importing Explore AR
    The only thing I did was to change the locations to three points that are near to me in Lucca.

When I play again the quest it seems to place the locations always near to me like they were when I save the script.

For instance, the 3 locations are in Lucca and I played yesterday, while I was in Volterra which is about 100km far away.

Did I make some error? Is this supposed to wok this way?

mariano-1528
    Participant

I’m going to check if it happens also when I download the unity template and install the ios build by myself

nolan
    Participant

We support locations in a couple of different ways:

One would be specific GPS coordinates, the other would be contextual locations (ie spawning them around the users current location)

If possible, could you please send us a screenshot on intercom of the script you were using to generate locations?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  nolan.

mariano-1528
    Participant

Hi Nolan,
    here it is how I set up my 3 locations in Lucca Locations Catalog

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vtUBpkn2UGOGgyQTNCeWFsRkU/view?usp=sharing

ryan-1
    Participant

Those locations look correct to me, could you also send along some screenshots of the script you’re using?

nolan
    Participant

It might be the format of the lat/lon, we use “.” as a decimal mark as opposed to “,” I believe that this might be what is causing this 🙂

mariano-1528
    Participant

Sorry Nolan, my bad. 🙂
    As I told you I just load the ARExplore template and change the locations in Locations catalog.

When I checked the script I can see locations in the game are dynamic settings, and they are spawned around the player. I just assumed locations were from the Catalog because ARExplore video shows how to create them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.