Launch Screen based upon city location

Home Forums Authoring tool Launch Screen based upon city location

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jaskell
    Participant

I am trying to have a launch screen depending upon the city of the users current location. Right now I have it set in my current location to run the welcome to… It closes and shows everything in the area close to the user in my city. I need to be able to do that in every city except open a different welcome screen depending upon location of the current user. Was thinking about a proximity condition with a marker set at city center to do this. This is the only screen that would need to open as the locations are all on the map no mater what city they are in. I have it set up in the script launcher to autoplay at my location. I’m not sure how accurate or if this will even work. What is the best way to do this?

ryan
    Participant

Hey Jason!

Yes this should definitely work. The only place I’d see this causing problems is if you were trying to open a different screen in cities that overlap or are really close together at the edges of the range. You can also use a “Live Frame” with “Reset” set to true to make that screen open every time the app starts up.

jaskell-2366
    Participant

Thanks,
    Montana is wide open so there should be no overlap, hopefully. When I move to places like Denver and bigger cities I will need a better solution though. I will also need to find a way to separate inventory so each business has its own for its own experience. With the games we are going to have it will get a little confusing to find coupons and use them.

jaskell-2366
    Participant

I cant seem to find the Live Frame w/reset to play with it. How do I find that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.