Leaderboard scoring and updating at locations

Home Forums Motive Q & A Leaderboard scoring and updating at locations

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

carl-1286
    Participant

Hi, I just want to check before I carry on that there aren’t any limitations to what I want to achieve.

Basically, using the location services I will be placing markers that have events to complete by the player. Now, I want leaderboards and they will update in real time as players complete the events. My question is… are there any limitations I should know about with regards to Unity and Motive sharing the data and uploading it in real time to the leaderboard for all to see?

I’m ‘getting better’ at Unity but a complete noob with motive so I just want to make sure I’m not being stupid and missing something.

Thanks all

ryan
    Participant

Hey Carl!

Thanks so much for reaching out. Motive doesn’t have built-in support for leaderboards, but it should absolutely be possible to add this to one of our apps. (I keep hoping to have a few days to try this out myself and write a blog post about it.) There seem to be some good tutorials out there about different ways to do this.

As for sharing data, from the Motive side we consider all of the data to belong to you as the developer. Of course you’re going to have to keep privacy concerns in mind, etc., but that’s outside the scope of the Motive system.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Ryan

carl-1286
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Wow … super quick reply, thanks. Great to hear its all completely possible, I’l get working straight away. Don’t suppose you have a clue as to where these tutorials are? Do you just mean on YouTube?

Cheers

ryan
    Participant

Yeah pretty much just a Google search at this point. 🙂 I was kind of hoping this was built in to Unity’s multiplayer engine, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I would probably start with Gamesparks:

https://docs.gamesparks.com/getting-started/creating-a-leaderboard/unity-leaderboards.html

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Jaskell
    Participant

Hey Carl,
    Just a thought because I was trying to do something similar. I have a website for my app and built a leader board page where people enter their scores, and it also allows for some smack talking in a forum. It creates a community of sorts as well. This was just my temporary solution to leader boards. Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.