Problems getting started with Explore AR

Home Forums Unity Templates Problems getting started with Explore AR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

george-2602
    Participant

Hi, trying to get up and running with the Explore AR Unity template and app.

Using Unity 2017.4.11f1 LTS (not sure if that’s an issue)

I have input my mapbox token and entered my App ID and Api Key in Explore AR Config.

When I:
    1. play the app in Unity OR run the app from the app store and
    2. Login to the running app (in either place)

I get authenticated and the app allows me to select a Project.

However, once inside, I do not see any Quests (not sure if using the right terminology) such as “Vancouver Scavenger Hunt” or “Monster Audio Tour”. Clicking on either Tasks or Tours is completely empty.

Feels like I need to confirm these are working before I try to generate my own stuff.

Unity is complaining about not having a Google Poly API Key — not sure if that’s relevant.

Thanks,
    George

george-2602
    Participant

A correction to the above. The default Quests (Vancouver and Monster) DO show up in the Explore AR app from the play store, so I’m guessing there’s some setting or detail in Unity that is keeping them from showing up when I test direct from Unity. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    George

ryan
    Participant

Hi George – sounds like there must be some errors in your build, possibly related to Google Poly. Could you let me know if there are any error messages in the console?

george-2602
    Participant

Thanks for looking into it.

One error when building, copied below. The tutorial docs and vids didn’t mention anything about needing this. Would this be a showstopper? I started looking into creating credentials on Google, and it’s asking whether I want to access User Data or Application Data — which one would motive require? Thanks!

Exception: API Key not configured. Set your API key in in Poly Toolkit Settings (‘Runtime’ section).
    PolyToolkitInternal.PolyMainInternal.Setup (Nullable1 authConfig, Nullable1 cacheConfig) (at Assets/PolyToolkit/Internal/PolyMainInternal.cs:125)
    PolyToolkitInternal.PolyMainInternal.Init (Nullable1 authConfig, Nullable1 cacheConfig) (at Assets/PolyToolkit/Internal/PolyMainInternal.cs:110)
    PolyToolkit.PolyApi.Init (Nullable1 authConfig, Nullable1 cacheConfig) (at Assets/PolyToolkit/Scripts/PolyApi.cs:47)
    PolyToolkit.PolyToolkitManager.Awake () (at Assets/PolyToolkit/Scripts/PolyToolkitManager.cs:28)

ryan
    Participant

For now you can probably just remove the “Google Poly” node from the “App” node in your template just to make sure it works. If you’d like to use the Google Poly features, we can add that back in and get you the right license.

This is quite a new feature and the documents haven’t been updated. Since we tested with Poly already configured, we must have missed this issue. We’ll get a fix in ASAP.

george-2602
    Participant

Thanks. I made the Google Poly node invisible in the Inspector, and the app launches in Unity with no errors, but still no Tours.

Apologies in advance if I’ve overlooked something critical. BTW, I’m using Unity 2017.3.1f1 now since that was indicated on github.

ryan
    Participant

No problem!

1. Are there any more errors in the console? You may need to delete the Poly node entirely.

2. Can you send a snapshot of your App Config?

george-2602
    Participant

I posted a reply with some img tagged screenshots, but it doesn’t seem to be hitting the board. Can you see it? If not, I can try reposting a different way, unless it’s being reviewed/approved. Thanks.

ryan
    Participant

Hm, I don’t see any.

george-2602
    Participant

Trying this again.

1. No more errors. Just a few warnings:
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Mapbox Location Cache Driver’) is missing!

2. See these screenshots:
    ibb.co/cCGQK9 – app setup
    ibb.co/nwg36p – app config
    ibb.co/mgmgsU – app logged in
    ibb.co/mb8uCU – No Tours

Also, still not seeing any tours even if Google Poly node is deleted completely.

Thanks.

ryan
    Participant

So I just tried your app config and I got both tours. Try bypassing the login screen by changing the “Dynamic Config” setting to “No” to see if that helps. Also check your Scripts (Menu -> Settings -> Scripts) to see if those are loading properly.

Those warnings are usually not a big deal, although it’s a little strange that Mapbox Location Cache Driver is missing. That shouldn’t be able to cause the tours to disappear, but it’s something we’d want to figure out.

george-2602
    Participant

Thanks for trying, but none of that works. Still no Tours, and no Scripts under Settings.

To recap, these are my steps.

– Open fresh Zip of Explore-AR templates in Unity
    – Enter Mapbox token
    – Enter App ID and Api Key in Explore AR Config
    – Delete Google Poly node
    – Set Dynamic Config to No
    – Press Play in Unity: no need to login, no errors in Console, but no Tours or Scripts

Am I missing a step?

Have you tried it with a fresh set of templates?

Thanks.

ryan
    Participant

Hi George,

We just ran through the setup steps with a new .zip file and it seems to work. Maybe you could send us your project and we’ll take a look?

george-2602
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate that. Try this

we.tl/t-AqexzyAuT8

aditya-2491
    Participant

Hey George,

I ran your project on Unity 2017.4.6f1 and tours and scripts loaded up for me. Perhaps you could try going to (File->Build Settings) and switching platform to Android or iOS.

I also noticed on the project that the map visualizer was missing. If this is the case, navigate to 2D Mapbox -> Swivel-> MapBoxTileLayer-> MapViewWrapper in the hierarchy and add Explore Visualizer to the Map Visualizer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.