Unity scripting VS Motive scripting

Home Forums Motive Q & A Unity scripting VS Motive scripting

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carl-1286
    Participant

Hi all,

So I’ve spent all day watching tutorials, getting setup etc etc and about to start getting some bits in for my latest project. Motive looks really great and starting to understand a lot of it. But … one things got me baffled today, hopefully someone can help. How can I manipulate things in my app and Motive through C# and thus in the unity editor?

For example, lets say… I have ‘x’ item pop up on the map (which Ive obviously setup in the motive app), but then I want to write a script in Unity saying, when ‘x’ pops up do ‘y’ (open up a canvas or do something to Ethan etc). I’m looking through the project files but I can’t see how the two link together so the developer can script in both Motive and Unity.

Really appreciate any help and I hope I didn’t talk rubbish and impossible to understand

Regards

peter
    Participant

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the question.

One way to call your own code via an Interface Action resource. You can customize the code in Unity for an Interface Action to make it do whatever you’d like. I have created a quick demo video of how you can do this.

All resources have a processor class in the Unity template. When a resource becomes active via the script, the ActivateResource method is called within it’s processor. You have the ability to change the processor class for any existing resource if you’d like.

That said, using Interface Action is normally the best option. We created the Interface Action specifically for the purpose of letting users call their own custom code from within the structure of the Script Editor.

The video will show how this can be done.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

carl-1286
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Fantastic support thank you.

I’m glad I asked the question, knowing this now obviously opens up much more possibilities in my project.

peter
    Participant

My pleasure, Carl! Happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.